-UwG.[Forum]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-UwG.[Forum]

UwG Server : 213.108.29.182:27010

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UwG Admin Training.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Khunt?.
Sergeant
Sergeant
Chemical Khunt?.

UwG Admin Training. Empty
PostSubject: UwG Admin Training.   UwG Admin Training. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:10 am

Right, this post is a basic training totorial on what admins should and should not do in the server. I have been in many servers inwhich the admins are un-trained or don't know any principle to being one. Since the issue regarding Hampe i have decided to post this now many of you would agree many would disagree and others may think what they like however the whole purpose of this post is to train those that are not already trained. To all admins this goes for everyone...

In this tortorial i will be explaining and pointing out key facts some rules and other bits of info the admin should know before they are set a level (member) normal members could be new to the admin system and so do not know a thing on how to be a good admin, now clan servers do not want bad admins they want a good admin so this post will help you become a good admin.

Lesson one - Set level.

A server admin can set any clan member to the level that corresponds to his or her current rank for example if i was a member then i would probably be say level 5 admin, depending on your current level or default level. It is essential for the admin to first spectate or review the members performance before they set the member an admin level. Of course by doing this the admin will know that the player or member he is giving a level to is a good player and follows the rules so he or she has enough confidence in that member or player and so thinks they will do good.

Lesson two - Admin Commands.

Admin commands are limited depending on your current level, specific admins can kick mute and ban also do various other things. Some of the lower ranking admins may try to do say !ban [player] [time] [reason] and get an error message telling them the access is denied which means you cannot ban the player. If you wish to do so then alert other admins that are either on xfire or on the forum.

Lesson three - The server.

While in the server, many admins like to throw themself to get the OBJ. Thinking that since they are admin they can do as they like but in reality they cannnot as for admin rules maybe the same as the server rules, many clan leaders or server owners have strict rules to the admins. Many of these rules maybe not to abuse your rank powers, inwhich in many cases some of the admins do they think that they are admin they can do things like !throw [player] [distance] for what ever or !pants [player] for the fun of it or !cry [player] !chi [player] at a constant rate. This should not be allowed, it should be by right against the rules to constantly throw yourself or others or maybe constantly abuse your powers for the wrong reasons. This may result in your level being revoked taken away or you being removed from the clan.

On the oasis map .DEA#Simon is a lvl 8 admin of the DEA clan. There are 6 players in the server 2 are using cheats 1 is afk. (This is a role play)

Please welcome .DEA#Simon to the server! he is a level 8 admin.

Phil: Hey
Darkjustic: HALLO!
.DEA#Simon: !li (brings up list players)
.DEA#Simon: hai there
Phil: simon, charles is using a bot
.DEA#Simon: !mute phil
Darkjustice: WTF? what he do?
Sandy: lol stfu noob
.DEA#Simon: rofl
.DEA#Simon has joined the axis team!
benji was killed by phil's mp40
benji: OMFG!!! BOT!!!! BOT NOOB!!!
.DEA#Simon:!throw simon 9999
Usage: simon was thrown 9999
.DEA#Simon:!throw simon 10000
Usage:simon was thrown 10000
Darljustice:HAHA SEHR GUT!
.DEA#Simon:!unm phil
.DEA#Simon:!slap sandy
.DEA#Simon:!kick sandy your retarded
Darkjustice: WTF???
.DEA#Simon:!mute dark
Phil: BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT!!!!
.DEA#Simon:!ban phil permanent no insults here read rules
.DEA#Simon:your all gay!
.DEA#Simon:!ban edwards 999 running too much

This is a bad admin. He is abusing his rank powers and insulting others, the admin is the next day banned from the server for the reasons of insulting and abusing his powers.

Good admins would have to spectate all cheaters / recruits
Good admins would have to follow all rules:

No abuse of powers
No insulting with admin commands
No admin usage to win games (EG !throw)
Spectate all cheaters / recruits / members before you do anything else
Never try to ban other admins
Play fair
Back to top Go down
Bu1l3tpr0of
Leader
Leader
Bu1l3tpr0of

PostSubject: Re: UwG Admin Training.   UwG Admin Training. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:17 am

gj Very Happy
i wanna add that all un-trained admins should read the topic: "General :: Ingame commands"
Back to top Go down
http://soldiersbattalion.forumotion.com
Chemical Khunt?.
Sergeant
Sergeant
Chemical Khunt?.

PostSubject: Re: UwG Admin Training.   UwG Admin Training. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:28 am

ty, the idea popped into my head because of the issue with hampe and the other guy. so i posted this, plus the fact admins need to be trained first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UwG Admin Training.   UwG Admin Training. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UwG Admin Training.
Page 1 of 1